Monday 20 July 2009

Life as a migrating bird

The moment I write the title of this blog I know I am suggesting more than I intend. No, I am just a petty housewife tied to my husband and roaming from one country to another at the will of his employer.I have no career of my own.And I deliberately chose this life...though when I chose it I didnt guess much.

I have always been fond of travelling.Cant stay at one place for two years at a stretch.When I had to,I felt the air turn heavy,and my wings dying to stretch....Perhaps I inherited this from my father.He is a man who travelled through North India with only 15 rupees in his pocket.But I'll tell that story another day.

As a child I have travelled through many parts of India with him.

When I married my boyfriend in 2002(after six years of struggle together),I have never ever thought of travelling outside India.It was a hard earned marriage and the ultimate achievement at that point of time for us.I had no desire left for anything else, not even for travel.

And there I was in 2003,sitting on a terrace overlooking Alpes across Lac Leman(Lake Geneva) in my apartment in Swiss riviera,hoping that this dream stays a little longer.

And from then I have been travelling through and living in many countries,mostly European nations....

And after all these years, today a thought occured to me:"Why dont I write down something of this strange life of mine?"

1 comment:

  1. Hello migrating bird,

    Our indian philosophy says "Dont share your sorrow and sufferings with anybody". Its ur own property....dont spread it in others....but ur joy and adventure if spread will bring joy and pleasure in others also.......like "Raindrops and roses, tossing heads of Daffodils" will simply bring joyful moments in u as well as others who will share with u............ur delightful xperience in Switzerland charmed me...........u have visited so many places in europe and america........tell us more about the beauties,fragrances, and history of them.............lastly my suggestion is "Be a bit more narrative and tell us about the inhabitants of the places of ur visit........
    Dilip Mukherjee, Kolkata, India

    ReplyDelete

Intelligent Opinions from Readers