Tuesday 18 January 2011

Berlin : history alive

Enough of Switzerland.
Let me tell you today about our trip to Berlin.
In 2003, we lived for sometime in Frankfurt and from there we made two trips: one to Berlin and another to Paris.
Berlin as it seemed to me was quite a cheaper city than Frankfurt.We lived in a twin bed room in a hostel which seemed quite cheap and they even gave us complementary welcome drink,a bottle of rose wine.
They had an elaborate breakfast within that price too.
The city was like nothing I ever saw before or hope to see again.The deep wounds that the World War II made on its bosom were still not completely cured.Although a great part of the city and its devastated old buildings had already been replaced by replicas,you could just feel its history as you move through it.

Whenever I go to some city for a day or two, I try to make a solid plan. I first read and read and try to find out the attractions that I won't like to miss.Then I study more about them .I form an idea about the transport system in that place and try to find out if there are any passes available. I find out if there are entrance fees for the places I would like to visit. After that I finally decide what to see and what to pass by.

Thus, I formed the list of the must-sees in Berlin
  1. Brandenburg Gate
  2. Checkpoint Charlie
  3. Eastside Gallery
  4. Potsdamer Platz
  5. Charlottenburg Palace
  6. Berliner Dom
  7. Reichstag
  8. Kaiser William Memorial Church
  9. Bebelplatz
  10. Duetscher Dom and  Französischer  dom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intelligent Opinions from Readers